Our Office’s Safety Precautions
Westmeadow Dental would like to thank you all for your patience and understanding through this difficult and challenging time. The COVID-19 Pandemic has required us to make changes to our office, operatories & procedures. Westmeadow Dental has and always will be dedicated to ensuring the safety of our patients and employees.
Some of the changes you will notice include:
Appointments can be booked via telephone or email. No walk-ins will be accepted at this time.
When arriving for your appointment:
- Remain in your car. Call or text when you have arrived
- You will be asked some COVID-19 screening questions
- You are required to wear a mask upon arrival which must be worn at all times except when receiving treatment
- Only one person will be permitted to enter. Others will be asked to wait outside
- Patients under the age of 12 will be allowed to be accompanied by one parent or guardian
Once inside the clinic:
- You are required to perform hand hygiene with sanitizer
- You will have your temperature taken with an infrared thermometer
- Patients will be escorted into the operatory
- All patients must practice proper physical distancing of 2 meters or 6 feet (except when receiving treatment)
Our Team is going to great lengths to ensure the safety of all our patients by:
- Taking their temperatures and screening for symptoms upon arriving for their scheduled shift
- Wearing the appropriate PPE for the procedures performed
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces, including door handles, chairs, and bathrooms
If you have an appointment scheduled within the next few weeks, please contact our office if:
- You have a confirmed case of COVID-19 or had close contact with someone who has
- You travelled outside of Ontario within the past 14 days
- You have any of the following symptoms:
- New or worsening cough
- Shortness of breath / Difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
- Difficulty swallowing
- Decrease or loss of sense of taste or smell
- Unexplained fatigue/malaise/muscle aches
- Nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain
- Runny nose/nasal congestion without other known cause
All patients will be asked to please advise Westmeadow Dental if they should experience symptoms related to COVID-19 within 14 days of their visit.
How can you prevent contracting or spreading COVID-19?
- Wear a mask.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds. If you don’t have access to soap and water, use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Maintain at least six feet of distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze. Do not use your hands.
- Stay home if you feel unwell. If you have a fever, cough, or difficulty breathing, seek medical attention.
Once again, Westmeadow Dental would like to thank everyone for their patience and understanding. Until we see you again, stay safe and healthy!
Dr. Park, Dr. Albert and Team